Wednesday, July 26, 2017

DISCUSSION | Game of Thrones S07E01

In case you live under a rock, season seven of Game of Thrones came back on Sunday, July 16th! 
There's not much to say before getting into spoilers, except that my friend Sierra and I are doing weekly live shows to discuss the episodes on my channel! So make sure to subscribe so you can join the conversation!

*I apologize in advance if I spell character names wrong. Please don't kill me*


So let's discuss the first episode of season seven of Game of Thrones. The episode starts with a scene of badassery from one of my favorites, Arya Stark. She puts on the mask of Walder Frey (who she's already killed) and murders the rest of the Frey's who were there at the red wedding. IT WAS GLORIOUS.

We also get to watch Jon Snow acting as king in his new role, preparing the North for their fight with white walkers. We also get another badass girl moment when Lord Glover tries to protest Jon's announcement that women need to be trained to fight as well.  But Lady Lyanna Mormont takes none of that! 

"I don't plan on knitting by the fire while men fight for me.  I might be small, Lord Glover, and I might be a girl, but I am every bit as much a Northerner as you. And I don’t need your permission to defend the North."

YASS GIRL YASS.

We also see Bran make it to the wall - I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE STARKS TO REUNITE AT LAST, see Arya continuing to make her way to King's Landing in order to kill Cersei - um hi Ed Sheeran that was weird, and watch Cersei and Jamie argue about the realization that they have no allies - and Cersei's annoyance that Jamie let Tyrion live so he could then become Dany's hand.

We watch a disgusting montage of Sam's daily routine - I gagged, and then it's with the help of his lady friend, Gilly, he discovers that the HUGE stash of dragon glass lies in Westerns where the mad king had his huge castle-like thing. In this montage, we also see that Jorah - the man who is sick because he was touched by a stone person - is in the Citadel, hopefully trying to get cured.

Ending with the glorious Dany and Tyrion landing at the very same dragon glass mountain, and ending the episode with, 
"let us begin."


THINGS I NEED TO SEE:

I'm hoping to see Dany and Jon make an alliance of some sort to fight the white walkers. AND thinking they are possibly related (that's a theory, not proved) I would love to see Jon and the dragons react to each other.

I need to see Arya, Bran, Sansa, and Jon reunite. OMG I'll cry.

I want to see Arya kill Cersei, but I also think we could see some sort of repurcussion for that. We know our favorites will not come out unscathed in this series, but I can't live with the Stark children dying before reuniting - especially Jon and Arya. Dear god, it needs to happen.

Can't wait to see you guys later for the liveshow! Comment down below if you'll be joining!

Until next time,
Kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment